We have added a new functionality to your Store Building Dashboard called "Merge Category".
Before we explain how to merge categories together let us explain the uses and benefits of this function first.
Merge categories allows you to group upto 5 categories together into one main category. The benefit of this is to allow you to display similar products from multiple merchants into one main category.
You have a store selling Halloween posters and you have 4 categories in that store.
Your store categories are:
- Halloween Posters from Zazzle
- Halloween Posters from Amazon
- Halloween Posters from AllPosters
- Halloween Pumpkins from Amazon
Now instead of listing 3 different poster categories on your store and confusing your visitors, you wish to merge all the Halloween poster categories into one category.
So you decide to take Halloween Posters from Zazzle as the main category and then merge posters from Amazon and AllPosters into that main category.
You merge the categories together and now you have one category called "Halloween Posters from Zazzle" that will now display all the products from the all the 3 merged categories. The other 2 merged categories will then not be displayed on your store navigation menu but will still be available in your backoffice category list for you to manage.
How To Merge Product Categories:
- Login to your member section
- Select the store you want to work with
- Click on the "Products and Categories" link under the Settings menu
- Select the Category you want to merge and then click on "edit"
- On this page locate the "Merge with Category" option and select the category you want this category to merge with
- Click on OK to save.
Your Category is now merged with the category you selected. This category will now display all the products in the main category and the link will disappear from your main store site.
You can also to choose to un-merge your categories anytime by following the above steps and selecting "Do not Merge" option in the category list under the "Merge with Category" option.